Prostatitis is a disease of the gland of the prostate (prostate) that develops as a result of changes inflammatory in it. According to statistics, the prevalence of the disease reaches 35-50%, and it is diagnosed in men 20-40 years.
Allocate 4 forms of prostatitis:
- acute (bacterial);
- chronic bacterial;
- chronic non-bacterial infections;
- asymptomatic chronic.
Prostatitis acute is very rare because of the rapid course of the inflammatory process and immediate transition to the chronic stage (pseudo improvement).
Chronic non-bacterial prostatitis, otherwise, it is called chronic pelvic pain syndrome may be inflammatory (with the presence in the urine and the ejaculation of the high content of white blood cells) and non-inflammatory in nature.
The cause of acute and chronic bacterial prostatitis are pathogenic microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, fungi). The most common source of inflammation are:
- Escherichia coli;
- staph bacteria;
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa;
- the causative agents of sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, Mycoplasma, gonococcus, Trichomonas, cytomegalovirus, and others).
The majority of the microorganisms located in the intestines, on the skin, but enter the prostate tissue, causing the inflammation. As a general rule, the cause of the disease is not a single pathogen, and the Association of different types of microbes.
The development of the prostatitis chronic, can be activated by the following factors:
- at the same time, diseases of the urinary system (cystitis, pyelonephritis);
- sedentary lifestyle (sedentary work);
- prone to constipation;
- the weakening of the protective forces of the organism;
- hormonal imbalance;
- the abuse of alcohol and tobacco;
- irregular sexual life (long abstinence);
- coitus interruptus;
- irregular emptying of the bladder;
- satisfied the sexual desire;
- the chronic stress;
- the presence of carious teeth and other sources of chronic infection (eg, chronic tonsillitis).
The symptoms of prostatitis
Prostatitis acute is a very insidious disease. "Take" is very difficult, because, in the first place, the process quickly becomes chronic, and in the second place, the majority of patients prefer to "wait" for the symptoms of prostatitis acute at home. The doctor the patients with inflammation of the prostate often turn is already in advanced cases with disorders of erection and other consequences.
The acute form of the disease occurs in the background:
- high temperature;
- other signs of intoxication (weakness, lethargy, loss of appetite, etc.).
Inflammation of the gland of the prostate accompanied by pain in the perineum, in the groin area and the scrotum.
It is characterized by painful and frequent urination. Sometimes, in the urine, you may notice a whitish purulent discharge.
In addition, the patient can draw attention to the lack of night and morning erections, poor erections during the sexual relations and a strong shortening of sexual intercourse.
Signs of chronic bacterial prostatitis may not be available or appear during periods of exacerbation. This stage is characterized by pain in the groin and the lower part of the abdomen, often radiating to the sacrum, lower back and scrotum.
There are the typical symptoms of disorders of urination: weak urine stream and frequent urination, although the urine itself stands out a bit.
In addition, in the absence of treatment of prostatitis chronic reaches its climax: there are disorders of the sexual function. For example:
- insufficient erection or its absence;
- painful erections, which the patient avoids sexual intercourse;
- effacement orgasm;
- short intercourse;
- the pain of the ejaculation.
The poor General state of men: he gets tired fast, constant annoying, problems to sleep.
Chronic abacterial prostatitis is the 95% of all prostatitis, hurting them, mostly men of about 30 years. It is characterized by constant or periodic pain in the pelvic area, the prostate, the scrotum, while in laboratory tests there are no signs of inflammation. The cause of the disease is uncertain.
In the diagnosis of acute and chronic prostatitis to more than collect complaints, anamnesis and examination of the patient by means of the following methods:
- General analysis of blood and urine;
- microscopic examination of prostate secretion and planting it on a medium of nutrients, in order to detect the pathogen (the secret is obtained after the finger massage of the prostate through the rectum);
- cytological examination of the urine;
- Ultrasound of the prostate and pelvic organs;
- computed tomography and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR);
- smears from the urethra and into the flora.
The differential diagnosis is intended to define the prostatitis, BPH, prostate cancer, signs of stones in the gland of the prostate.
Full list of diagnostic procedures and drugs for the treatment of prostatitis in the standard Federal care 2012.
Treatment of prostatitis
The same symptoms can be signs of different diseases, and the disease can occur not text book. Do not try to be treated yourself — consult your doctor.
Treatment of prostatitis takes the surgeon-urologist.
The purpose etiotropic treatment aims to remove the causes of prostatitis, is the elimination of the pathogen. Depending on the identified cause antibiotics, antiviral or antifungal medications. The duration of therapy in prostatitis acute is 7-10 days, chronic process of 4-8 weeks.
For the treatment of bacterial infections are used:
- fluoride antibiotics hinolonovogo series (ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin);
- macrolides (erythromycin, clarithromycin);
- antibacterial drugs.
Antifungals are assigned for oral and rectal candles.
In addition, there are other kinds of therapy:
- anti allergic;
- therapeutic exercises;
- massage of the prostate gland.
Throughout the course of treatment is 3-4 months.
Not cured prostatitis dangerous complications of the following:
- obstruction of the bladder with subsequent acute retention urinary;
- recurring inflammation of the bladder;
- abscess of the prostate;
- calculous prostatitis (the stone is so debilitating pain);
The prognosis of prostatitis acute favorable, timely treatment leads to full recovery. The frequency of exacerbations in prostatitis chronic reach 50% and above, but with adequate maintenance therapy may achieve sustained remission.
For the prevention of disease must meet the following conditions:
- regular sexual life with the constant partner;
- avoid habits that are harmful;
- maintain a healthy lifestyle (exercise, fresh air);
- the diet;
- regular visits to the urologist.